When you face something scary, new, or challenging, some amount of stress is typical. However, chronic stress isn’t normal, and it can even cause emotional issues like depression and anxiety as well as physical problems like high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes.
As we age, our ability to manage stress may decrease, even as stressors increase. Seniors are often experiencing changes in their mobility, not to mention changes in their ability to care for themselves. Often the solution to these stressors is to consider making a move to a senior community, especially one that offers both independent and assisted living options.
Choose The Landing at Cape Elizabeth for Stress-Free Living
At The Landing at Cape Elizabeth, we take the time to get to know our residents and remove barriers to their health and happiness. Take a look below at some common stressors for seniors and how independent or assisted living in our senior community will help mitigate them.
- A Lack of Routine: A regular schedule can help seniors relax. Living in a senior community provides comforting predictability for residents when it comes to their surroundings and daily routine.
- Daily Responsibilities: Paying bills, driving to medical appointments, cooking, cleaning, and home upkeep are just a few of the responsibilities that can cause stress for seniors. In our senior community, all of these duties are taken care of by our experienced staff.
- Isolation: According to the CDC, “Social isolation significantly increased a person’s risk of premature death from all causes,” including an increased risk of dementia, heart disease, stroke, depression, anxiety, and suicide. In addition to causing emotional distress, isolation means that assistance is further away in the event of an emergency. At The Landing at Cape Elizabeth, residents are part of a community, and help is always close at hand.
- A Sedentary Lifestyle: Staying active is essential for maintaining strength and balance, as well as reducing stress. Our seniors living independently and those taking advantage of assisted living services have plenty of opportunities to stay active in a safe, enjoyable way.
- A Lack of Stimulation: Mental exercise is just as important as physical exercise. At The Landing at Cape Elizabeth, we offer social engagement programming seven days a week!
Learn More About The Landing at Cape Elizabeth
Residents of The Landing at Cape Elizabeth can expect many of their stressors to slip away when they join our independent or assisted living community. From our excellent apartments to our housekeeping services, beautiful common spaces and courtyards, personal care services, and delicious meals, we provide everything that our residents need to enjoy life to the fullest.
Find out more about how our independent living community reduces stress for seniors by contacting us today.