Personal Support Specialist/Certified Nursing Assistant
PERSONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST/CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Job Title: Personal Support Specialist/Certified Nursing Assistant
Department: Resident Care Department
Reports To: Resident Care Director
Performs the resident services tasks as assigned by the Resident Care Director. Our services are a prime focus for our Resident Care department. This position provides service and care to each resident in a timely efficient manner. Maintain high resident and family satisfaction, meet high expectations, and ensure that The HallKeen Assisted Living Community services are implemented in service/customer focused manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each Resident’s Service Plan.
- Understands and complies with all Resident Rights.
- Works well with seniors showing understanding and patience.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure optimum services to residents as requests and needs change.
- Informs supervisor of changes in the resident’s condition and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff.
- Provides personal services for residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assists relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
- Maintains assisted living area to be clean and odor free.
- Respond to resident needs and requests.
- Promote a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows attention to detail and has an acute sense of responsibility.
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and efficient manner.
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding residents, staff, and community.
- Work assigned hours on a daily/weekly basis. Regular, punctual attendance.
- Be available for on-call emergency situations.
- Takes steps to minimize energy usage on a consistent basis.
- Special projects/assignments as delegated by Resident Care Director.
- The PSS/C.N.A. responsibilities can also include housekeeping and dining room duties.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary.
- Must have current certification as a Personal Support Specialist or Certified Nursing Assistant or be able to obtain within 120 days of hire.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time.
I, ________________________________, have read the job description and to the best of my ability, pledge to perform each duty and responsibility to the highest standards.