Resident Services Nurse
RESIDENT SERVICES NURSE
Job Title: Resident Care Nurse
Department: Resident Services
Reports To: Resident Care Director
The Resident Care Nurse is responsible for assisting the Resident Care Director with the overall implementation, delivery and coordination of Resident Care services at the Community. Will also assist in monitoring the medication management program.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Assist in supervising the medication program and assisting the residents with self-administration of their medication.
- Maintain positive relations with residents, families and physicians.
- Report any significant incidents and/or changes in the residents needs to the Executive Director/Resident Care Director.
- Assist Resident Care Director in the completion of resident assessments and services plans.
- Assist in the training of Resident Care staff and participates in orientation of new staff.
- Attend and participates in scheduled in-service programs, training programs and staff meetings.
- Assist with scheduling and staffing of Resident Care Assistants
- RN will maintain GAFC.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse with a current license in good standing.
- Certification or licensed per state guidelines.
- Must successfully complete all HallKeen Assisted Living Communities specified training programs.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers; gives proper credit to others; handles all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task to task; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.