Certified Residential Medication Aide
CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL MEDICATION AIDE
Job Title: Certified Residential Medication Aide (CRMA)
Department: Resident Care Department
Reports To: Resident Care Director
Assists in the planning, organization, and administration of medications/treatments. Complies with Federal, State and Local regulations and the community policies and procedures. Assists with the orientation and training of new employees. Performs resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents as assigned. Assists in providing a positive physical, social, and psychological environment.
CRMA Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Prepare, administer, and document medications in accordance with the State of Maine Regulations
- Follows standard precautions in administering medications and providing treatment within the scope of practice for medication aides
- Receives and transcribes new written orders.
- Assists with obtaining and documenting weight and vital signs.
- Ensures all monthly documentation (monthly progress notes, monthly weights/vitals) is completed timely.
- Assists with scheduling medical appointments as needed.
- Ensures all ordered medications are available and drug records are accurate.
- Disposes of sharps in a manner consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Follows standard precautions in administering medications and providing treatment within the scope of practice for medication aides.
- Receives and follows-up on report from previous shift.
- Provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as needed
- Completes all competency requirements of medication aides.
- Is aware of residents’ dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Attends and participates in training as required for the position.
- Assists with quality assurance programs as needed.
- The CRMA responsibilities can also include housekeeping and dining room duties.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary.
- Must have current State of Maine Certified Residential Medication Aide 40-hour certificate.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time.
I, ________________________________, have read the job description and to the best of my ability, pledge to perform each duty and responsibility to the highest standards.