Cook – Full Time
Now Hiring: Chef/Cook
Job Title: Chef/Cook
Location: The Landing at Saco Bay
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented according to Communities standards.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the full time position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation:
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the food service director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensures that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicates needs to food service director.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied. Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Adhere to standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
- Serve Safe Certification
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
Full time position offers a competitive benefit program to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Home and Auto Discount program, Vendor Discount Program, 401(k) with matching contribution, Accrued Vacation, Sick, and Personal time and Paid Holiday Benefit. Employee referral bonus, and resident referral bonus.