Server / Waitstaff
Job Title: Dietary Waitstaff
Location: The Landing at Saco Bay
The dining room wait staff is responsible for serving all customers including residents, guests, and family members.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation:
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the food service director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Create a strong sense of team work and cooperation among all staff.
- When applicable acquaint new residents with menus, seating, and dining options and hours.
- Set tables in accordance to HallKeen Assisted Living standards.
- Serve residents and guest’s beverages as requested.
- Review daily menu with residents and takes and delivers accurate meal orders to residents and guests.
- Remove used or soiled plates, utensils, glasses, linen from the dining room as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing carpet, tables, chairs, condiment containers, and equipment used in the dining room.
- Communicate resident likes and dislikes to food service director for menu planning purposes and resident satisfaction.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Less than high school education.
- Minimum of 2 years dining room or restaurant wait staff experience.
- Working knowledge of basic kitchen operations and food safety standards.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees
- Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers and residents.
- Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to handle multiple jobs and priorities.
- Able to delegate and hold staff accountable efficiently and respectfully
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time
Full time position offers a competitive benefit program to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Home and Auto Discount program, Vendor Discount Program, 401(k) with matching contribution, Accrued Vacation, Sick, and Personal time and Paid Holiday Benefit. Employee referral bonus, and resident referral bonus.